CERTIFICATE OF ENDORSEMENT – INFORMATION -
- A certificate of endorsement COE shall be issued to all officers on board of Sierra Leone ships.
- Minimum crew to be on board should be according to the MINIMUN SAFE MANNING REQUIREMENTS CERTIFICATION TABLE
- The vessel can have more than the Minimum Safe Manning Requirement, however all crew on board must hold Certificate of Endorsement
- COE are not mandatory for Yacht and non- propelled ships. However, copy of certificates of competence for officers on board for these two mentioned ships must be send to the Administration
- COE is applicable to Fishing Vessel, according STCW-F 95 (International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Fishing Vessel Personnel, 1995)
- For Officers COE is mandatory; for Watchkeeping is optional however proper qualified certificate must be submitted and send copy to MR. Ratings do not need COE.
- Master, officers and ratings on board Tankers, Ro-Ro Passenger and Passenger Vessels shall hold Special Training Certificates Ø Every ship shall carry 1 GMDSS when is exclusive acting as general operator or should have 2 GMDSS if acting also as officers. On area A1 ships shall hold at least a Restricted Operator’s Certificate (ROC). On ships operating in Area A1/A2, A1/A2/A3, and A1/A2/A3/A4 shall hold a GMDSS General Operator’s Certificate (GOC)
- SHIP SECURITY OFFICE (2006 Amendments to the STCW Convention, which were adopted by Resolutions MSC. 203(81) and MSC.209 (81). All vessel 500 GT or greater operating on international voyages, should have on board a Person holding the Ship Security Officer certificate, the person should be designated by the Company as responsible for the security of the ship. The endorsement for SSO Certificate still is not requirement by STCW however some PSC are asking for endorsement of SSO, and find this as a deficiency to the ship. We encourage our client to request endorsement of SSO to avoid any problems for the ship especially for those ships navigating in Paris and Tokyo MOU areas.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR CERTIFICATE OF ENDORSEMENT – COE
Copy of Application form
02 Passport Size photos original or 01 electronic copy
Copy of Passport
Copy of Certificate of Competence (COC) for Officers and Copy of Certificates for Watch keeping. (Only issued by State Party Members of the STCW Convention are accepted.
Medical Fitness Certificate (Issued not earlier than 18 months) – International form or SL Form – must be kept on boardCopy of Seaman Book or CDC
Basic Safety Training Certificates – Personal survival techniques, Fire prevention and fire fighting, Elementary first aid, and Personal safety and social responsibilities.
Special Training Certificates: for Tankers, Ro-Ro passenger and Passenger vessel.Tankers: Tanker Familiarization.Ro-Ro Passenger and Passenger Vessel: Familiarization Training, Crowd Management, Crisis management and human behaviors, and Passenger safety, cargo safety and hull integrity;
Copy of Ship Security Officer Certificate – For all vessel 500 GRT or greater operating on international voyage
Processing Certificate of Licenses/Rating/Endorsement (PROV COE) – 03 months.
Certificate of Endorsement (FT COE): Validity date of COE is the same as the validity of the COC
MINIMUM SAFE MANNING REQUIREMENT FOR CERTIFICATION
|< 99 GT||100 TO 499GT|
|Watch Keeping Deck Rating||1||II/4||1||II/4||2||II/4|
|500 TO 1599 GT||1600 TO 2999 GT|
|Watch Keeping Deck Rating||2||II/4||2||II/4||2||II/4||2||II/4|
|3000 TO 9999 GT||OVER 10000GT|
|Watch Keeping Deck Rating||2||II/4||3||II/4||2||II/4||3||II/4|
|OVER 250 PASSENGER|
|Watch Keeping Deck Rating||3||II/4||3||II/4|
REMARK:(1) – COASTAL area can be replaced for 01 Deck Officer. (2) – COASTAL area can be replaced for 02 Deck OfficerRADIO OPERATOR:A – Vessel less than 300 GT, at least one Radiotelephone Restricted OperatorB – Vessels over 300 GT: Area A1, at least one officer with Restricted Operator Certificate / Area A1 + A2, at least one officer with General Operator Certificate (GOC) or one dedicated radio officer with GOC. / Area A1 + A2 + A3 and A4, at least two officers with General Operator Certificate (GOC) or one dedicated radio officer with GOC
|<749KW||>750 TO 1499 KW|
|Watch keeping Engine Rating||0||—||1||III/4||0||—||1||III/4|
|>1500 TO 2999 KW||>3000 TO 7449 KW|
|Watch keeping Engine Rating||1||III/4||1||III/4||1||III/4||2||III/4|
|>7450 TO 11199 KW||>11200 KW|
|Watch keeping Engine Rating||2||III/4||3||III/4||2||III/4||3||III/4|
NOTES:· TRADING AREA:
COASTAL TRADING AREA:Near Coastal Area in Sierra Leone: Near Coastal area is within 200 nautical miles from a safe haven in Sierra Leone.Near Coastal Area for other countries: For vessels regularly engaged in near coastal voyages off the coast of another State, the near coastal area shall not exceed 200 nautical miles from a safe haven in that state or the limits prescribed by the Government of the State off whose coast the vessel is engaged, whichever is lesser.
RESTRICTED TRADING AREA means an International Voyage in accordance with SOLAS 74, Chap. III/3.22:Short international voyage which the distance between the port of departure and port of destination nor shall exceed 600 nauti cal miles.
INTERNATIONAL VOYAGEUnrestricted international voyages. •
SPECIAL TRAINING CERTIFICATES : Master, officers and ratings on board Tankers, Ro-Ro Passenger and Passenger Vessels shall hold Special Training Certificates
SSO (Ship Security Officer) – ALL VESSEL 500 GT or greater operating on international voyages, should have on board a Person holding the Ship Security Officer Certificate.